Two months of Summer gone but often February can feel the hottest and the sun’s rays are hot. When the UV radiation level reaches 3 and above it is strong enough to cause skin damage so skin protection is recommended.
Protecting the skin from overexposure to UV radiation should include the following 5 SunSmart strategies, used in combination, for maximum protection –
- Slip on sun protective clothing that covers as much of your skin as possible.
- Slop on a SPF 30+ broad spectrum sunscreen 15 minutes before going outdoors and reapply it every 2 hours, or more regularly if involved in water activities or perspiring.
- Slap on a shady hat that provides plenty of protection to the face, neck and ears. Broad brimmed, bucket or legionnaire style hats are recommended.
- Seek shade when you are outdoors.
- Slide on wrap-around sunglasses that fit close to your face to protect the eyes. Look for EPF 10 on the label for maximum UV protection.
For more check out www.cancersa.org.au
#sunsrays #protectyourskin #cancer #kitforcancer #thekitfoundation