We have included Hydralyte in kit because it has been scientifically formulated to restore vital electrolytes if you are dehydrated.
One of the causes of dehydration is vomiting and diarrhoea, a common side effect of cancer and treatment. You might not be drinking enough fluids during illness and things get off-balance. Some of the signs of dehydration can be increased thirst, decreased urine output and feeling lethargic.
To function correctly, your body needs both water and electrolytes (such as sodium, potassium and chloride). Water helps to maintain body temperature, digest food and lubricate tissues and joints. Electrolytes, help to retain fluid, and maintain good nerve and muscle function..
Hydralyte’s Top Tips to avoid and treat dehydration:
- Aim to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. Keeping a water bottle on hand is a great way to hit this quota.
- If it’s a hot, dry day then increase your fluid intake – these conditions increase your likelihood of becoming dehydrated.
- Learn to recognise the signs and symptoms of dehydration. These include a sticky or dry mouth, increased thirst, fatigue, headache, decreased urine output and dark yellow urine.
- Hydralyte can be taken on the first signs of dehydration.
- Avoid mixing Hydralyte with sugary drinks as they can actually interfere with the rehydration process (plus, if you have diarrhoea, they can make the condition worse).
- To minimise the effects of alcohol-induced dehydration, sip on a glass of Hydralyte before bed to replace water and electrolytes.
#dehydration #hydralyte #hydrate #cancer #kitforcancer #TheKitFoundation #water #electrolytes