May 8 is World Ovarian Cancer Day (WOCD). Women living with ovarian cancer, their families and supporters, along with patient advocacy organizations from around the world, come together to raise awareness about ovarian cancer.
Ovarian cancer has the lowest survival rate of all female cancers. Most women are diagnosed once the cancer has already spread, making it more difficult to treat. Ovarian cancer is overlooked and underfunded – yet every woman in the world is at risk of developing this disease.
FIVE Facts everyone should know about Ovarian Cancer.
- A Pap test (cervical smear test) does not detect ovarian cancer. There is currently no screening test for ovarian cancer.
- All women are at risk of ovarian cancer.
- Diagnosing ovarian cancer before it spreads makes it much more treatable.
- Ovarian cancer is often diagnosed at a late stage.
- Symptom awareness may lead to a quicker diagnosis.
You can check out the information at ovariancancerday.org.
Share the power and raise awareness about ovarian cancer.
#ShareThePower #OvarianCancerDay #WOCD #WOCD2019 #ovariancancer #cancer #cancerpatient #kitforcancer #TheKitFoundation